At Expanding Horizons our staff are fully trained to provide care and support to families with children in their own home.
Our team have practical experience in dealing with challenging behaviour, autistic spectrum disorders, complex health needs, physical disabilities and sensory impairment.
We can offer temporary care while a parent or guardian is in hospital or recovering from an illness, or longer-term support for a child with disabilities or special needs.
Expanding Horizons’ care packages are tailored to meet your specific requests, including:
- Getting ready for school or college in the mornings
- One to one support at school
- Shopping trips, social or cultural events, leisure and sport
- Help with personal care, meals and assistance with eating
- Attending medical appointments
- Doing activities and daily living skills at home
- Getting ready for bed and perhaps a bedtime story
- Supporting the family to establish daily routines
We see every child as unique so before our service begins, we will spend time getting to know everything about them:
- How they communicate
- Their individual needs and how they prefer those to be met
- Their likes and dislikes
- The things that are important to them
You can rest assured that all of our staff are rigorously vetted; your child’s safety and well-being is our number one priority. We carefully select the right team to provide your child with the continuity of care they need.